Teeth Whitening at Tuscany Dental Centre
Dental whitening is an easy and convenient way to improve the appearance of stained or dull teeth. First an impression is taken to make a specialized “mouthguard” to hold the whitening material against the teeth.
The whitening material is used each day for 45 minutes for two weeks and over time significant whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant.
For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology allows us improvements in yellowing, aging, or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or porcelain veneers may be more appropriate.
The key benefits of whitening are:
- Corrects brown, yellow, and spotted tooth staining
- Works on people over 18yrs of age
- Is a near-permanent solution for a “dull” smile, restoring brightness and bringing the smile alive
- If you notice the teeth are losing the brightness due to coffee / tea / red wine /blueberries you can do a “touch up” – after your hygiene appointment once the tartar has been removed. You apply the gel in the custom tray 45minutes each day for one or two days to brighten things up again.
- If you notice sensitivity you can brush with a Sensodyne toothpaste – please check the ingredients as whitening tooth pastes have abrasive agents and can cause sensitivity instead of decreasing it.
Please call Tuscany Dental Centre if you have any questions as most of us have seen the positive results of whitening our teeth @ 403-239-0010.